The Pixel Hunt
Based in Paris, France
Jan 15, 2014
Press / Business contact:
Bury Me My Love
35 rue Chanzy
00 33 9 67 41 03 07
The Pixel Hunt is a video games studio based in Paris, France, with a focus on reality-inspired games.
Florent Maurin, a former journalist, founded The Pixel Hunt in order to explore the intersection between video games and real-world issues. The studio tries to imagine games that describe the world through a credible model of its mechanics and allow the player to manipulate this model, and thus to see things through an unusual perspective.A first independent project
For three years, The Pixel Hunt has been making commissioned works for clients such as Le Monde, Libération, Arte, France Télévisions or Radio France. It has produced games on a wide range of topics, such as the way crisis communication works, the strategy the Louvre's curator deployed to save Mona Lisa during WWII, or the human body's fauna and microbiology. Even tough Bury me, my Love is co-produced by ARTE and Figs, it is nonetheless The Pixel Hunt's first intependent, commercially distributed game.
Presentation + gameplay video YouTube
There are far more images available for The Pixel Hunt, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for The Pixel Hunt. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist at Magic IP for Bury me, my Love" - Monaco, February 2017
- "Open Screens Selection at A MAZE for Bury me, my Love" - Berlin, April 2017
- "Games do not necessarily have to be fun and trivial. Like every medium, games can tackle any topic. It's all about finding the good distance, with an honest methodology."
- Florent Maurin, Polygon
- "The purpose of Bury me, my Love is to help players understand the real struggles of Syrian refugees."
- Chris Prestman, Waypoint
- "The fact that Bury Me, My Love will only be available on mobile devices has a deeper meaning [...] Migrants often report their dependency on smartphones and communications services like WhatsApp to stay in touch with their families and find safe travel deals."
- Tobias Ritter, Gamestar.de
- "The smartphone has become the supreme platform of choice for"reality-inspired games" "
- Benjamin Bruel, Mashable France
About The Pixel Hunt
Founded in 2014 by Florent Maurin, The Pixel Hunt is a video games studio dedicated to reality-inspired titles. It has run many commissioned projects for clients such as France Télévisions, ARTE or Le Monde, but Bury me, my Love is The Pixel Hunt’s first independent project. http://www.thepixelhunt.com.
What reality-inspired games are
A definition through a featured blog post at Gamasutra. gamasutra.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Producer, Game designer